A False Sense Of Security
Most people either believe there is no hell or that they will get to heaven sooner or later, without ever stopping to think about what the God of heaven is really like and what heaven itself will be like. Many of these people who have a false sense of security about their eternal destiny will end up in hell. Yes, hell will be full of people who:
- Did not believe in God or in a place called hell.
- Thought they had the right religion or that their good deeds would outweigh their bad deeds.
- Thought they could pay for their sins by good works or though suffering in this life or in imaginary places like “Purgatory”.
- Thought that God would compare them to other people who they felt were more sinful than themselves.
- Thought that “Bible believing” Christians were just religious fanatics and that the Bible was full of errors, contradictions and fables.
- Thought that a loving God would overlook their sins and never send them to hell.
- Had little if any interest in finding out if their religious ideas satisfied God.
- Had no idea how holy God is and how much He hates sin and those who violate His commandments.
- Had no idea that heaven is a place of absolute moral purity and holiness where they would hate to be for even one minute, never mind for all eternity.
Hell will be full of people just like you.
In spite of what many false teachers say about how people are basically good, God has a far different opinion of us:
“But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.” [Isaiah 64:6]
Are you ready to meet God?
“Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me” [Matthew 7:22-23]
Are you interested in being made ready for heaven?
Read the Bible carefully, asking God to show you the truth about how sinful He sees you and about how holy He is. Find out why Jesus Christ left heaven and came to earth to suffer the full fury of the wrath of God. Was it for YOUR sins? If not, then you will indeed be damned because there is no other Saviour:
“For there is no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved” [Acts 4:12]
Jesus is not your Saviour until He has converted you:
“Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.” [Matthew 18:3].
“Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” [Luke 13:3]
Cry out to God to have mercy on YOU so that He might save your lost soul from the wrath to come (eternity in Hell) – before its too late!
Where will YOU be when they are preaching YOUR funeral?
Will you be in glory with the Lord Jesus?
Do you really know if your ideas about your eternal destiny satisfy GOD?
Your ideas may satisfy YOU – but do they satisfy GOD? Remember, none of us is guaranteed another day on this planet. We are ALL just one heartbeat away from eternity, either in heaven or in hell. The Bible tells us to seek the Lord while He may be found… While there is life there is hope.