Bible Study Tools
Various on-line and in-print tools to assist with studying the scriptures, including Bible dictionaries, concordances and commentaries.
Just as God has provided teachers and preachers for His Church, He has provided tools for His church through many of those teachers and preachers. As with any tool, some are better than others. We try to point out the better ones that our experience has led us to. A serious student of the Bible will want to have a good concordance to help find Greek and Hebrew word meanings, to find the various places in the Bible where a particular word is used and to see if a particular word has multiple meanings. Bible commentaries can be helpful to aid in understanding some of the deeper spiritual truths in scripture. However, many commentaries are problematic, in that they reflect the biases of the author and don’t necessarily reflect the true meaning of every Bible passage that they attempt to explain. Other tools you may wish to investigate include Bible dictionaries, “study bibles” and books on systematic theology. Again, you can end up with tools that are leading you down the wrong path on a particular doctrine. We try to direct you to just a few of the more trustworthy Bible study tools and not overwhelm you with too many choices or choices that may not be very reliable.
Index Of Bible Study Tools:
- Some Observations On Bible Study
- Free Christian Bible Study Android Apps
- Bible Student Toolkit
- Bibles To Read On-line & Download
- Bible & Christian Book Distributors
- Free Bibles, New Testaments & Study Tools
- Christian Bibles, Books & Literature
- The Infallibility of Scripture
- Scripture Canon & Textual Studies
- Printed Bibles, On-Line Bibles, Bible Software
- Do-It-Yourself Bible Study Course
- How Do I Know The Bible Is True?
- Bible Concordances, Dictionaries & Commentaries
Some Handy Bible Concordances:
Greek, Hebrew, Strongs Numbers
- Strongs Numbers for Greek & Hebrew words at biblehub.com
- Greek word studies at Precept Austin
- Hebrew word studies at Precept Austin
- List of Concordances available at StudyLight.org
- Youngs Analytical Concordance – a great alternative to Strongs concordance, organized differently.
- Looking Up Words in Youngs Concordance
- Review Youngs Analytical Concordance Of The Bible – VIDEO
A note about Youngs Analytical Concordance Of The Bible:
Youngs concordance was written for the King James Version of the Bible only. It is a useful tool to easily determine all the English words that a particular Greek or Hebrew word was translated into.
Charts To Assist With Bible Studies & Bible Teaching:
Please keep in mind that this Bible Study charts may not be 100 percent biblically accurate. So we don’t recommend that you use any of them if you are unsure of their accuracy.
- Blue Letter Bible Charts & Outlines (a good place to start)
- Printable Bible Charts at printablee.com
- Free printable scripture cards
- Bible reading plans
- Bible Study Charts from Grace Bible Church
- Dr. Bob Utley’s Bible Study Charts for Old and New Testament (PDF format)
- Berean Bible Society Bible Study Charts
- James Burton Coffman Bible Charts (he was in the Church of Christ denomination, which preaches water baptism is necessary for salvation)
Recommended Online Bible Commentaries:
- John Gill’s Commentary (among the best – very extensive, thorough, trustworthy)
- Matthew Henry’s Complete Commentary (very popular & reliable)
Websites Specializing In Multiple Online Bible Study Tools:
- BibleStudyTools.com Excellent source of Bible COMMENTARIES
- BibleGateway.com Great source of Bible VERSIONS
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” [2 Timothy 2:15]
Bible Study Tools We Offer Online:
- Bible VERSION Information
- Christianity 101 – Info For New Christians
- Principles Of Bible Study & Interpretation (a.k.a. Hermeneutics)
- Word List for the King James Bible
- Words They Never Taught Me In Sunday School
- Do-It-Yourself Bible Study Course
DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE LISTENING TO?
- Is Dave Hunt correct? – regarding his views on Calvinism?
- Is Family Radio wrong? Is Harold Camping wrong regarding his various claims and predictions?
- What about Billy Graham?
- What about Campus Crusade For Christ?
- What about … every other popular preacher or ministry you can think of?
Christ Died For The Ungodly
by Horatius Bonar
The divine testimony concerning man is, that he is a sinner. God bears witness against him, not for him; and testifies that "there is none righteous, no, not one"; that there is "none that doeth good"; none "that understandeth"; none that even seeks after God, and, still more, none that loves Him (Psa. 14:1-3; Rom. 3:10-12). God speaks of man kindly, but severely; as one yearning over a lost child, yet as one who will make no terms with sin, and will "by no means clear the guilty." <continued>