Pagan origins of religious holidays and how Christians should deal with those celebrations.
Index To Religious Holidays Posts:
- Jesus Christ vs Santa Claus
- The Shocking Pagan Origin of Christmas
- My Christianity And Christmas
- Santa Claus – A Happy-Go-Lucky God
- The Personal Message Of Christmas
- Are “Harvest Parties” for Christians?
- The Origins Of Various “Christian” Holidays
- Yom Kippur – The Day Of Atonement
- The First Thanksgiving Day Proclamation
- Christ in the Passover
Christ Died For The Ungodly
by Horatius Bonar
The divine testimony concerning man is, that he is a sinner. God bears witness against him, not for him; and testifies that "there is none righteous, no, not one"; that there is "none that doeth good"; none "that understandeth"; none that even seeks after God, and, still more, none that loves Him (Psa. 14:1-3; Rom. 3:10-12). God speaks of man kindly, but severely; as one yearning over a lost child, yet as one who will make no terms with sin, and will "by no means clear the guilty." <continued>