Predestination & Free-Will – Calvinism & Arminianism
What the bible says about being chosen by God for salvation versus you choosing God.
Discipleship materials about election, predestination, limited atonement (particular redemption), perseverance of the saints, free-will, Calvinism, Arminianism, Pelagianism, semi-Pelagianism, and more.
RELATED ISSUES DISCUSSED IN THESE MATERIALS: universalism, monergism, synergism, pelagianism, semi-pelagianism, particular redemption, eternal security, total depravity, original sin, unconditional election, irresistible grace, perseverance of the saints, preservation of the saints, TULIP, the doctrines of grace, reformed theology, and propitiation and how it relates to the nature and scope of Christ’s atonement.
Predestination & Election Article Highlights
1. Famous Calvinists – MOST POPULAR:
Check out our most popular article on Calvinism titled ““Famous Calvinists”. As of November 2023 this article has had over 69,000 views and it usually comes up on page 1 of a google search for “famous calvinists”. This brief and concise article mentions many Christians of the past who believed that the 5 points of Calvinism represent the truth of the Gospel as declared in the Bible. Those Christians include the famous Baptist preacher Charles Spurgeon and the famous Bible commentary writer Matthew Henry as well as John Foxe, who wrote Foxe’s Book Of Martyrs, and John Bunyan who wrote Pilgrim’s Progress.
2. Very informative and accurate article on Free Will:
“The Myth Of Free Will” by Walter Chantry explains the human will and to what extent it is “free” to make choices.
3. Brief article discussing whether or not Jesus died for the ENTIRE world:
“Jesus Died For Whom?” examines the scope of Christ’s atonement. Was it for everyone who ever lived and who ever will live or for specific people as believed by those who subscribe to the doctrine of Predestination?
Predestination & Free-Will Posts:
- A Dialog Of Opposing Views On Election, Predestination And Free-Will
- The Good News Gospel
- The Justice Of God In The Damnation Of Sinners
- Salvation Taken Into God’s Own Hands
- Salvation Is Of The Lord By Charles Spurgeon
- The Love Of God And The Depravity Of Man
- Some Comments On Dave Hunt’s Book On Calvinism
- There Is No Such Thing As The Age Of Accountability
- Why Should A Calvinist Preach The Gospel?
- A Word On Personal Evangelism And Soul Winning
- Robert Morey Videos On Calvinism And Arminianism
- Jerry Johnson Videos On Election & Predestination
- The Lamb Of God And Me
- Does Faith Precede Regeneration
- Old Paths – Chapter 18 – Election
- Orthodoxy Is Heresy
- Election And Predestination As Taught In The Bible
- What Is Duty Faith And Is It Biblical
- Unconditional Love?
- Why I Like The Free-Will Gospel So Much
- God Desires That ABSOLUTELY NONE Should Perish?
- Variety of Salvation Views Categorized
- Common Grace And Free Offer Articles
- The Efficacy Of Christ’s Atonement
- Two Gospels And Therefore Two Preaching Styles
- Jesus Died For Whom?
- The Pelagian Captivity Of The Church
- The Arminian Captivity Of The Modern Evangelical Church
- The Phrase “Accepting Christ” – Why I Hate It
- The Extent of the Atonement: Answering Objections
- Particular Redemption By Doyle Dewberry
- Why Calvinism Has To Be The Gospel
- What Is The Purpose Of The Preaching To The Non-Elect?
- The Extent of the Atonement: Who Did Christ Die For?
- What Is The Worth Of A Person’s Soul?
- Is Arminianism A Damnable Heresy?
- The Free Will Gospel Refuted By John 3:16
- Universal Atonement Doctrine Dishonors God
- The Sovereignty Of God In Reprobation
- The Remnant According To The Election Of Grace
- Intended Atonement
- Cause Thy Face To Shine Upon Us
- To Deny An Effectual And Particular Redemption Is To Deny The Gospel
- The Hope Of Arminianism
- God’s Hardening Of Men’s Hearts – Sovereign Or Judicial?
- Predestination Forum – Is God Glorified In Damning Some People
- Misunderstood Bible Verses – Acts 16:31
- A Lengthy & Heated Dialog About Free-Willism
- Letter To An Arminian Friend
- Are You An Amyraldian?
- The Mystery Of Salvation By God’s Grace Alone
- Arminianism: The Golden Idol of Freewill
- Arminianism At Its Core Is A Man-Centered Unbiblical Heresy
- The Best Video On Calvinism
- A Sermon On Particular Redemption
- Dialog With A Staunch Arminian (Free-Willer)
- The Idea Of Exercising One’s Faith
- The Problem With The God Of Calvinism
- The Free-Will Version Bible
- A Letter From George Whitefield To John Wesley On Predestination & Free Will
- A Defense Of Calvinism
- About Following John Calvin And Calvinism
- Salvation Is Of God Even Though It Seems To Be Of Us
- The Quick And Easy Gospel
- The Election Collection
- Free Grace By John Wesley
- A Biblical Critique of Chuck Smith’s Calvinism Study
- Sufficient For All But Not Efficient For All?
- The Sovereignty Of God
- Does God Predestinate People Based On His Foreknowledge?
- A Free-Will Prayer
- Is The Age of Accountability Biblical?
- The Gospel For Misinformed Christians
- Tulip Or Weeds?
- The God Nobody Knows
- Accepting Christ
- Free Will – A Slave
- How Dead Is Dead?
- For Whom Did Christ Die?
- Free-Willism Preaches “Another Jesus”
- The “Free-Will” Gospel Is Anti-God!
- Predestination And Free-Will – What Is Meant By ALL, THE WORLD, Etc.?
- Predestination And Free-Will – What About Verses Stating That Jesus Died For All Men?
- Predestination And Free-Will – What Is Limited Atonement? Is It Scriptural?
- Predestination And Free-Will – What Is Limited Atonement? Is It Scriptural?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Sheep Versus Goats
- Predestination And Free-Will – Can A Person Resist God’s Grace?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Are People Saved Against Their Own Will?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Can We Give Birth To Ourselves?
- Predestination And Free-Will – What Kind Of Will Is Man Born With?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Who Had Or Has A Free Will?
- Predestination And Free-Will – What About The Life-Preserver Analogy?
- Predestination And Free-Will – God First Opens A Person’s Heart
- Predestination And Free-Will – Is Not Salvation All By God’s Grace And His Power?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Who Seeks Whom?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Can Our Will Overpower God’s Will?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Who Does The Choosing, Man Or God?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Where Does Saving Faith Come From?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Is Faith A Work?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Which Comes First, Salvation Or Turning To Christ?
- Predestination And Free-Will – So What Is A Hyper-Calvinist?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Why Preach If Salvation Is All Up To God?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Where Did These Modern Evangelism Methods Come From?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Getting Decisions For Christ?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Can Unsaved Man Cooperate With God?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Why Would God Tell Us To Receive Christ If We Can’t?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Why Would God Predestine Anyone To Hell?
- Predestination And Free-Will – Why Does God Save Some People And Not Others?
- Predestination And Free-Will – So How Does The Gospel Take Effect?
- Predestination And Free-Will – What The Gospel Is Not
- Predestination And Free-Will – What Is The Gospel?
- Predestination And Free-Will – What About The Sin Of Unbelief?
- Predestination And Free-Will – What Does The Bible Teach About Justification?
- Who Accepts Whom?
- Election Or Atheism – No Middle Ground
- Objections to God’s Sovereignty Answered
- Sheep & Goats
- The Choice – Man’s or God’s?
- Famous Calvinists
- The Myth Of Free Will
- Election Or Atheism: No Middle Ground
- What Do We Believe?
- The Most Believed Lie
“Amazing Grace” Calvinism Video Series
The History And Theology Of Calvinism – Brief Excerpt:
Predestination & Free-Will Video Messages:
- Calvinism Part 1 – Robert Morey
- Calvinism Part 2 – Robert Morey
- Does God Love Everyone? – Robert Morey
- Does God Love His Enemies? – Robert Morey
- Why We Can’t Choose God – R.C. Sproul
- Why are so many against reformed theology? – Steve Lawson, John MacArthur, R.C. Sproul
- What Is Free Will?: Chosen By God – R.C. Sproul
- Predestination – Dr. Duane Spencer
- God is Sovereign over all things including Election – Mark Kielar
- The Comforting Doctrine of God’s Unconditional Election – Mark Kielar
- Does God Predestine Men to Hell? (Double Predestination Explained Correctly) – Mark Kielar
- Does John 3:16 Refute Calvinism? (1 of 3) – Mark Kielar
- Does John 3:16 Refute Calvinism? (2 of 3) – Mark Kielar
- Does John 3:16 Refute Calvinism? (3 of 3) – Mark Kielar
- Jacob Have I Loved; Esau Have I Hated… (Not of Works) – Mark Kielar
- If God Has Predestined Men Unto Salvation, Why Evangelize? – Mark Kielar
- Does Predestination Make God Unjust? (Does Anyone *Deserve* Salvation?) – Mark Kielar
- He’s Not Willing That ANY Should Perish. ANY of WHOM? – Mark Kielar
- Believer, You’re Saved Because God Chose You First Not Because You Chose Him First. – Mark Kielar
- God’s Sovereign Election – A. W. Pink
- Amazing Sermon on Election – John MacArthur
- The doctrine of Election (1 of 3) – John McArthur
- The doctrine of Election (2 of 3) – John McArthur
- The doctrine of Election (3 of 3) – John McArthur
- Arminian Theology Destroyed & Calvinism Affirmed – John McArthur
- The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination – Loraine Better
- Calvinism is the Gospel – Jerry Johnson
- Arminianism & Works Salvation – Jerry Johnson
- Why I Am A Calvinist – Jerry Johnson
- Free Will & Liberal Christianity – Jerry Johnson
- Does Man Have Free-will? – Jerry Johnson
- The Perversion of Perseverance – Jerry Johnson
- Is the Age of Accountability Biblical? – Jerry Johnson
- The Reformed Difference – Jerry Johnson
Calvinism Is The Gospel
By Jerry Johnson
Predestination & Free-Will Audio Messages:
Christ Died For The Ungodly
by Horatius Bonar
The divine testimony concerning man is, that he is a sinner. God bears witness against him, not for him; and testifies that "there is none righteous, no, not one"; that there is "none that doeth good"; none "that understandeth"; none that even seeks after God, and, still more, none that loves Him (Psa. 14:1-3; Rom. 3:10-12). God speaks of man kindly, but severely; as one yearning over a lost child, yet as one who will make no terms with sin, and will "by no means clear the guilty." <continued>