Featured Discipleship Articles
Miscellaneous posts having to do with important Christian Discipleship issues: Christian growth, discerning biblical truth from error, learning more about God’s will for your life.
Index To Featured Discipleship Posts:
- Two Gospels And Therefore Two Preaching Styles
- That Worthy Name
- Comparison Of God-Centered And Man-Centered Worship
- A Fourfold Salvation
- God’s Magnificent Salvation Plan
- The Virtue of Name-Calling
- Judging: The Christian’s Duty
- If Every Christian In The World Were Just Like Me
- Eve Is Again Listening to the Voice of the Serpent
- The Gospel According To J.D.
- Am I an Arminian?
- Propitiation – A Big Word To Describe A Great Accomplishment
- Warnings About Ecumenism
- The Need Of the Hour – To Contend Earnestly
- Is Faith A Work?
- Can Our WIll Overpower God’s Will?
- What About The Sin Of Unbelief?
- Is The Age of Accountability Biblical?
- Eternal Security & Backsliding
- The Gospel For Misinformed Christians
- A Call To Self-Examination
- For Whom Did Christ Die?
- The Gospel Exam – Answers
- The Gospel Exam
- The Social Gospel
- False Doctrines In Christianity Today
- The Modern Gospel Is Not The True Gospel!
- The Will Of Man
- Problems With Some Of Harold Camping’s Theology
- Words They Never Taught Me In Sunday School
- Christianity 101
- Who Does God Love?
- Obeying The Gospel
Christ Died For The Ungodly
by Horatius Bonar
The divine testimony concerning man is, that he is a sinner. God bears witness against him, not for him; and testifies that "there is none righteous, no, not one"; that there is "none that doeth good"; none "that understandeth"; none that even seeks after God, and, still more, none that loves Him (Psa. 14:1-3; Rom. 3:10-12). God speaks of man kindly, but severely; as one yearning over a lost child, yet as one who will make no terms with sin, and will "by no means clear the guilty." <continued>