Do-It-Yourself Bible Study Course
Do-It-Yourself Bible Study Course
Recommended Bible Study Program From comingintheclouds.org
“O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.”
The ComingInTheClouds Internet ministry does not offer a correspondence course per se, though we offer a lot of Christian discipleship materials. The correspondence courses that are available today have their good points and bad points. There is one ministry (MountZion.org – a.k.a. Chapel Library) that offers a course that is better than many other courses out there. You can learn more about that at this link: http://www.chapellibrary.org/bible-institute/.
What I really recommend is that you check out the articles at our site before starting any correspondence course. Then, if you do start a course, you will be able to see IF they are leaving out important subjects and you will be able to see IF they are wrong about some of their ideas on certain subjects – because they may not back up those particular ideas with scripture or enough scripture or they just teach what everybody else in a particular denomination has been teaching on a subject for centuries.
Here is a good sampling of discipleship articles from our website to help get you started:
- Christianity 101 – Important Information For New Christians
- What the Gospel is and is not
- The articles about “Predestination” starting with “Who accepts whom?“
- The articles “About God” starting with: “The God nobody knows“
- False doctrines in Christianity today
- Why are there so many different kinds of Christian churches?
- How to identify a religious cult
- The articles on “Christian Living” starting with: “Should Christians watch TV?” and “How Shall We Then Live?“
- The Bible Student Toolkit
- The information on “Hermeneutics” (how to study the bible)
- The articles on “the basics about how to do church” starting with “What most churches don’t teach their members“
- Words They Never Taught Me In Sunday School“
If you are serious about discipleship, which I do hope you are, you will learn that you can’t just let somebody feed you information. You need to read and study the bible for yourself and check out what everybody says. And that means you really need to CHECK OUT WHAT EVERYBODY SAYS, thoroughly! Look at cross references to other verses in your bible. Look at concordances. Look at a respectable commentary like John Gill’s Commentary on the entire bible (an exhaustive and perhaps the best commentary there is anywhere). Matthew Henry’s commentary is also a solid reliable commentary, though not as exhaustive as John Gill’s.
I hope this information is of help to you. May the Good Lord richly bless you as you study to show yourself approved, a workman rightly dividing the Word Of Truth!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Christ Died For The Ungodly
by Horatius Bonar
The divine testimony concerning man is, that he is a sinner. God bears witness against him, not for him; and testifies that "there is none righteous, no, not one"; that there is "none that doeth good"; none "that understandeth"; none that even seeks after God, and, still more, none that loves Him (Psa. 14:1-3; Rom. 3:10-12). God speaks of man kindly, but severely; as one yearning over a lost child, yet as one who will make no terms with sin, and will "by no means clear the guilty." <continued>