A Challenge To YOU!
A Challenge To YOU!
This message is intended to challenge you to ask yourself some very thought-provoking questions.
1. Why am I here on this earth?
2. Where am I going when I leave (when I die)?
3. What am I basing my beliefs upon?
4. Compared to everything else I do, how much time have I spent trying to be sure that I know without a doubt that my beliefs are worth trusting in?
5. Am I absolutely, positively sure that there is no such place as hell or if there is, that I am not going there?
6. Am I aware of how infinitely holy God is and that I am totally unfit to spend eternity in His presence unless God somehow makes me holy so that I will actually want to be in heaven and will be fit to be there?
7. Do I understand that the Bible says that all people are hopelessly lost sinners who deserve to spend eternity in hell?
8. Do I realize that I cannot do anything to remedy this situation, that I am at God’s mercy? All I can ‘do’ is ask Him to have mercy on me and hope and pray that He does.
“Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” [Mark 7:7]
“For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.” [Rom 10:3]
“But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.” [Matt. 12:36]
“Behold, the LORD’S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.” [Isa 59:1-2]
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” [John 14:6]
“He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.” [Mark 16:16]
Christ Died For The Ungodly
by Horatius Bonar
The divine testimony concerning man is, that he is a sinner. God bears witness against him, not for him; and testifies that "there is none righteous, no, not one"; that there is "none that doeth good"; none "that understandeth"; none that even seeks after God, and, still more, none that loves Him (Psa. 14:1-3; Rom. 3:10-12). God speaks of man kindly, but severely; as one yearning over a lost child, yet as one who will make no terms with sin, and will "by no means clear the guilty." <continued>
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.