Ten Reasons Why I Am An Atheist
Ten Reasons Why I Am An Atheist
- Because I hate God and this is my way of getting even with Him – by denying His existence and attacking anyone who believes in Him.
- Because if God was real and good and all-powerful He would not allow all the pain and suffering that is in the world and I don’t want to blame those problems on sinful people like myself.
- Because if I believed in God, Hell and Judgment Day then I might have to care about how I live my life.
- Because I like my sinful, selfish lifestyle and I don’t want any preacher telling me that I need to change or repent.
- Because the people I know who say they believe in God live their lives just as self-centered as I live mine.
- Because it helps me to identify with other people like me (other atheists) so I can feel more comfortable in my rebellion against God.
- Because other atheists told me that all religions are just a bunch of superstitious stories, a crutch for weak people and the cause of most wars and I believe them.
- Because I learned in school that we evolved from monkeys and so – contrary to what the Bible says – we could not have been created in the image of God.
- Because it allows me to say whatever I want and do whatever I want without having a guilty conscience, since the morals of atheism are relativistic.
- Because I am a fool who prefers to believe the oversimplified claims of evolutionists about origins, while ignoring all the evidence for Intelligent Design in the world around me… “The fool hath said in his heart there is no God” [Psalm 14:1]
What does God have to say to atheists (and to false worshippers of God)?
“For the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness, because the thing which may be known of God is clearly revealed within them, for God revealed it to them. For the unseen things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being realized by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, for them to be without excuse. Because, knowing God, they did not glorify Him as God, neither were thankful. But they became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man, and birds, and four-footed animals, and creeping things. Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves. For they changed the truth of God into a lie, and they worshiped and served the created thing more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.” [Romans 1:16-25]
— RM Kane
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Christ Died For The Ungodly
by Horatius Bonar
The divine testimony concerning man is, that he is a sinner. God bears witness against him, not for him; and testifies that "there is none righteous, no, not one"; that there is "none that doeth good"; none "that understandeth"; none that even seeks after God, and, still more, none that loves Him (Psa. 14:1-3; Rom. 3:10-12). God speaks of man kindly, but severely; as one yearning over a lost child, yet as one who will make no terms with sin, and will "by no means clear the guilty." <continued>