Why I Am No Longer A Roman Catholic
Why I Am No Longer A Roman Catholic
Even though I was born and raised in the Catholic Church, I am no longer a Roman Catholic for the following reasons:
- Because God truly saved my soul and I am now a true Christian and no longer a Roman Catholic.
- Because I want nothing to do with a religion that is more preoccupied with Mary than with Jesus, even though they claim they are not.
- Because I now know that Catholics worship idols and they think they don’t because their church calls idol worship “venerating sacred objects”.
- Because I know that confessing sins should be done to God and to the person I may have sinned against, NOT to a Catholic priest who cannot forgive sins even though the Catholic Church CLAIMS their priests can.
- Because I want nothing to do with their eucharist idols which they think really is Jesus but they don’t understand that to “receive Jesus” is to be supernaturally regenerated but the Holy Spirit, not to eat a wafer that you think is Jesus.
- Because I now know that TRUE salvation of one’s soul is a matter of trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ and His merits alone, not a matter of trusting in the Catholic church or in your ability to perform Catholic rituals or sacraments.
- Because I now know that Purgatory cannot possibly exist. The real Jesus is able to save sinners IN THIS LIFE by HIS MERITS ALONE – not by YOUR suffering in an imaginary place of final purging after death.
- Because I now know that the Bible disagrees STRONGLY with most Catholic doctrine and practices which is why the Catholic Church relies on their Catechism and their claims about so-called “sacred tradition”.
- Because I now know that the true Church is run by Jesus in Heaven through the Holy Spirit on earth, not by some guy in a fish head hat in Vatican City.
- Because I have learned that so much of Catholic doctrine and practices has its roots in pagan religions, not in the Bible, which anyone can see if they bother to study the Bible and the practices of ancient pagan religions.
- Because I now know that the Catholic eucharist and the monstrance is nothing more than revived sun god worship.
- Because I now know that the Catholic Mary is nothing more than a Christianized version of many pagan fertility goddesses such as Semiramis.
- Because God, by His grace and mercy showed me that I don’t need priests or nuns or monks or popes or cardinals or eucharists or Mary or rosaries or purgatory to have my sins forgiven. ALL I NEED IS JESUS! Praise the Lord for Jesus, for dying for sinners such as I!
Are you ready and willing to have Jesus set you free, free from the bondage of a false religion and its false claims? Jesus – the real Jesus of the Bible – can set you free from false religion (religion based on the efforts of man) and adopt you into His eternal kingdom, and He can do that right now. Seek the Lord while He may be found. Call upon Him while He is near.
This is what is going to happen to YOU if you don’t REPENT of you sins, including the sin of idolatry that so many Catholics are engaged in without knowing it:
“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and IDOLATERS, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. – Revelation 21:8”
If you take offense at this message then consider the following:
“And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.” – John 1:5
It is very possible that you are in spiritual darkness and know it not. That was my case for 30 years. I thought that as a Catholic I was in the “one true Church”. But THEN God intervened in my life and brought the TRUTH of the Gospel of salvation, biblical salvation, to me. I learned that according to GOD, that even on my best day, I was a hell-deserving sinner and no amount of devotion to the teachings and practices of the Catholic Church was going to fix that problem. — RM Kane – former Roman Catholic saved by the grace of God alone
Christ Died For The Ungodly
by Horatius Bonar
The divine testimony concerning man is, that he is a sinner. God bears witness against him, not for him; and testifies that "there is none righteous, no, not one"; that there is "none that doeth good"; none "that understandeth"; none that even seeks after God, and, still more, none that loves Him (Psa. 14:1-3; Rom. 3:10-12). God speaks of man kindly, but severely; as one yearning over a lost child, yet as one who will make no terms with sin, and will "by no means clear the guilty." <continued>
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.