The Real Church
(as compared to fake or counterfeit churches)
The Real Church…
- Hungers and thirsts for holiness, real fellowship, discipleship, evangelism, commitment and a deeper understanding of their God.
- Needs no chiors… for they are all “the choir”.
- Needs no ushers… They meet in each other’s homes.
- Needs no thimbles of juice or tiny cubes of bread… for they eat hearty meals together.
- Needs no building programs… Their homes are good enough meeting places for them to worship their God in.
- Needs no paid professional religious leaders or staff… Their churches are patterned after families, not corporations.
- Needs no special programs or program leaders… God has graciously gifted each true saint as it pleased Him.
- Needs no gimmicks or sales techniques to attract people… All true believers have a Spirit in them that craves fellowship with other children of God.
- Needs no formalized “worship services”… By the leading of the Holy Spirit, they are quite capable of interacting amongst themselves without needing some one-man showman or rock band or professional choir entertaining them for an hour or two.
“God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”
SEE ALSO: articles on Doing Church
Featured Gospel Message
Christ Died For The Ungodly
by Horatius Bonar
The divine testimony concerning man is, that he is a sinner. God bears witness against him, not for him; and testifies that "there is none righteous, no, not one"; that there is "none that doeth good"; none "that understandeth"; none that even seeks after God, and, still more, none that loves Him (Psa. 14:1-3; Rom. 3:10-12). God speaks of man kindly, but severely; as one yearning over a lost child, yet as one who will make no terms with sin, and will "by no means clear the guilty." <continued>
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.