How The Catholic Church Deceives Their Members
How The Catholic Church Deceives Their Members – And Others
How The Catholic Church Deceives Their Members About Idol Worship
- They say their idols are actually sacred objects or sacred images.
- They say they are only honoring, adoring or venerating their idols, not worshiping them.
- They vigorously attack anyone who dares to say they are really worshipping idols.
- They say they are not praying to idols but praying to the dead people (who they think are in heaven) that their idols supposedly represent.
How The Catholic Church Deceives Their Members About God’s Restriction Of Having Only ONE Mediator (Jesus)
The Bible says: “For there is one God, and ONE MEDIATOR between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;” 1 Timothy 2:5.
In Catholicism, “one” apparently does not mean ONE. And in order to “get around” that restriction that God has imposed in 1 Timothy 2:5, Catholics call their OTHER mediators “intercessors” which is just another word for mediator, but their church teaches them that mediators and intercessors are two different things.
How The Catholic Church Deceives Their Members About Their Unbiblical Doctrines & Practices
What the Catholic Church has done is create a BIG LOOPHOLE to allow them to justify ANYTHING they feel like making up. 2 Thessalonians 2:15 says:
“Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.”
The Catholic Church likes to apply the above Bible verse to ANY doctrines and practices they have, that cannot be found in the Bible. So, if anyone tries to challenge their unbiblical teaching they can just say: “We are simply following the apostles traditions that were passed on by word of mouth”. Who can disprove that? Quite an ingenious loophole, isn’t it?
How The Catholic Church Deceives Their Members By Turning Sins Into Sacraments
The Catholic Church uses what are referred to as “weasel words” (deceptive terminology) and their OWN unique UNBIBLICAL definitions of spiritual terms, to turn sins and sinful practices into something honorable and even into sacraments. Here are some examples of how the Catholic Church uses non-offensive, yet deceptive words to turn unbiblical practices into practices that sound perfectly acceptable, some of which were touched upon previously:
- Using the word “venerate” or the Greek word “hyperdulia” when actually treating religious statues and other idols as objects of worship.
- Using the word “sacred object” to describe religious statues that God calls idols and graven images.
- Using the word “intercessor” when praying to false (man-made) Catholic mediators who take the place of God’s only true mediator, the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Using the words “divine presence” when describing the wafer idol, in an attempt to make that round sun-god idol a legitimate object of worship.
- Using the word “mystery” when justifying an unbiblical practice – if they have no reasonable excuse or no biblical justification for what they are doing.
- When necessary, they use their own unique definitions for spiritual terms to provide them with plausible deniability. For example, the Catholic meaning of “grace” (with regards to salvation) is not the biblical meaning (which is “unmerited favor”). To Catholics, grace is something that helps them or enables them to participate in their own salvation. Such a type of grace is non-existent in true biblical Christianity.
- If all else fails, the Catholic Church invents a new word or term like “transubstantiation” or “eucharist” to add a sense of legitimacy to the false doctrines and add an intriguing uniqueness to their false Church.
- The Catholic Church teaches a false definition of intercessory prayer. BIBLICAL intercessory prayer is where a true believer on earth asks another believer on earth to INTERCEDE (pray) TO GOD for them. Whereas, the Catholic Church has simply relabeled NECROMANCY (i.e. communicating with the dead which is a sin) as intercessory prayer. So, as is typical of the Catholic Church, they have turned a sin into a virtue. James 5:16 tells us what INTERCESSORY PRAYER is all about. “Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.” (James 5:16). James gives ZERO indication that believers are to pray to dead man-made Catholic “saints”.
- ALL true believers in Christ are referred to as “saints” according to the Bible. They are not “appointed” saints by the Vatican. They are not some special class of Christians, in contrast to the apostles, who had seen Jesus Christ in the flesh. GOD CREATES SAINTS, if and when the Holy Spirit REGENERATES a lost soul, which produces the “new birth”.
- The Catholic Church deceives their followers in the justification of their sacrificial priesthood system by using verses like 1Peter 2:4-5:
“To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.” [1 Peter 2:4-5]
All truly regenerated Christians are priests in God’s kingdom and in His TRUE Church – and they offer up their LIVES, not round sun god wafers, as a LIVING sacrifice to God. We KNOW this is the case when we STUDY the Bible, comparing scripture with scripture. And in this case, we compare 1Peter 2:4-5 with Romans 12:1:
“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.”
Friend, don’t let the Catholic Church deceive you. Read the Bible for yourself and see what God is saying to YOU in the pages of that all-important book.
“But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” Matthew 15:9
Finding truth is virtually impossible in the Catholic Church… they have spent centuries making up excuses for their faulty foundation and for their many “inventions” (man-made teachings and practices). The true “remnant” Church is not the Catholic monstrosity nor is it some group that – according to the Catholic Church – magically appeared 500 years ago. The remnant Church has always existed in parallel to cults, including the Catholic Church which is also known as the “cult of Mary”. Men like Martin Luther and John (Jan) Huss just happened to be saved (born from above) while still IN the Catholic Church. That is true of many ex-catholics who have become born-again. Anyone can be PHYSICALLY BORN into any man-made church or religion. But it takes a supernatural work of GOD to be SPIRITUALLY BORN “from above” by the Holy Spirit. And, contrary to Catholic teaching, no Catholic priest can make THAT happen by water baptism.
“Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.” John 3:7-8
— RM Kane
SEE ALSO: Catholicism’s Religious Weasel Words
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Christ Died For The Ungodly
by Horatius Bonar
The divine testimony concerning man is, that he is a sinner. God bears witness against him, not for him; and testifies that "there is none righteous, no, not one"; that there is "none that doeth good"; none "that understandeth"; none that even seeks after God, and, still more, none that loves Him (Psa. 14:1-3; Rom. 3:10-12). God speaks of man kindly, but severely; as one yearning over a lost child, yet as one who will make no terms with sin, and will "by no means clear the guilty." <continued>