Words To Winners Of Souls
by Horatius Bonar
Our One Object: To Win Souls
We take for granted that the object of the Christian ministry is to convert sinners and to edify the body of Christ. No faithful minister can possibly rest short of this. Applause, fame, popularity, honor, wealth-all these are vain. If souls are not won, if saints are not matured, our ministry itself is vain.
The question, therefore, which each of us has to… Continue reading
Words To Evangelists About Preaching The Gospel
By C.H. Spurgeon
Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892, Pastor & Evangelist)
Preaching About Hell
“In some professed Christians their pity for the criminal has overcome their horror at the crime. Eternal punishment is denied, not because the scriptures are not plain enough on that point, but because man has become the god of man, and everything must be toned down to suit the tender feelings of an age which excuses sin but denounces… Continue reading
Qualifications For Soul Winning
by Charles Spurgeon
Qualifications For Soul Winning – Towards God
1. Holiness of character. If you are not yourself holy, no souls will be saved.
2. You must have a spiritual life to a high degree.
3. A humble spirit.
4. A living faith.
5. You must believe that God has called you to preach the Gospel, and that you will do it with confidence and courage.
6. You must believe the message you deliver… Continue reading
Recommended Evangelism Ministries
(And some of their noteworthy evangelism resources)
- Go Stand Speak – street preaching
- International Outreach – printed and on-line reformed literature
- Mt. Zion Bible Church (also called “Chapel Library”) – gospel literature and correspondence course
- Grace Gospel Church – sovereign grace sermons
- HeartCry Missionary Society
- Ligionier.org – RC Sproul’s ministry (Click on THIS LINK for his “Objections Answered” messages)
- The Good Person Test – video from Ray Comfort’s “Living Waters” ministry (Click HERE for the… Continue reading
Sample Door-Hanger Notes
Here are some sample notes to include with Gospel tracts, to give you an idea of how to “introduce” a tract to the reader when you are leaving tracts on door-knobs as you go house to house. We print them 3 per page in landscape mode and cut them to fit in the bags we use. For a good price on door hanger bags visit http://www.anchorbox.com/ and click on the “door knob” link.
FREE… Continue reading
Christ Died For The Ungodly
by Horatius Bonar
The divine testimony concerning man is, that he is a sinner. God bears witness against him, not for him; and testifies that "there is none righteous, no, not one"; that there is "none that doeth good"; none "that understandeth"; none that even seeks after God, and, still more, none that loves Him (Psa. 14:1-3; Rom. 3:10-12). God speaks of man kindly, but severely; as one yearning over a lost child, yet as one who will make no terms with sin, and will "by no means clear the guilty." <continued>